These Tax Topics contain general individual and business tax information. If you don't find the answer to your question below, also check the IRS's Frequently Asked QuestionsInteractive Tax Assistant (ITA), and Tax Trails.

The links and information provided above was obtained from and is provided for informative purposes only.  By clicking on the links they will navigate you away from this website.  No assurance or guarantees and be made to the accuracy or information obtained from these links.  

IRS Help Available
IRS Services – Volunteer Tax Assistance, Outreach Programs, and Identity Theft
Tax Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Tax Help for Small Businesses and the Self-Employed
Taxpayer Advocate Service – Your Voice at the IRS
Armed Forces Tax Information
Tax Relief in Disaster Situations
IRS Procedures
Your Appeal Rights
Refund Information
What To Do if You Haven't Filed Your Tax Return
Form W-2 and Form 1099-R (What to Do if Incorrect or Not Received)
Forms and Publications – How to Order
Copy or Transcript of Your Tax Return – How to Get One
Change Your Address – How to Notify the IRS
Paying Your Taxes and Ensuring Proper Credit of Payments
Prior Year(s) Form W-2 (How to Get a Copy)
Returning an Erroneous Refund – Paper Check or Direct Deposit
The Collection Process
Tax Payment Options
Refund Offsets for Unpaid Child Support, Certain Federal and

State Debts, and Unemployment Compensation Debts
Offers In Compromise
Innocent Spouse Relief (Including Separation of Liability and Equitable Relief)
Dishonored Payments
Alternative Filing Methods
Substitute Tax Forms
How to Choose a Tax Return Preparer
Signing Your Return Electronically
General Information
When, How, and Where to File
Checklist of Common Errors When Preparing Your Tax Return
Extensions of Time to File Your Tax Return
Penalty for Underpayment of Estimated Tax
Backup Withholding
Amended Returns
Roth IRA Contributions
Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
Power of Attorney Information
Disclosure Authorizations
Qualified Tuition Programs (QTPs)
Which Forms to File
Which Form – 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ?
Types of Income
Wages and Salaries
Interest Received
Business Income
Capital Gains and Losses
Pensions and Annuities
Pensions – The General Rule and the Simplified Method
Lump-Sum Distributions
Rollovers from Retirement Plans
Rental Income and Expenses
Renting Residential and Vacation Property
Farming and Fishing Income
Earnings for Clergy
Unemployment Compensation
Gambling Income and Losses
Bartering Income
Scholarships, Fellowship Grants, and Other Grants
Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits
401(k) Plans
Passive Activities – Losses and Credits
Stock Options
Traders in Securities (Information for Form 1040 Filers)
Receipt of Stock in a Demutualization
Canceled Debt – Is It Taxable or Not?
Form 1099-A (Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property)

and Form 1099-C (Cancellation of Debt)
Adjustments to Income
Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
Alimony Paid
Bad Debt Deduction
Moving Expenses
Student Loan Interest Deduction
Tuition and Fees Deduction
Educator Expense Deduction
Itemized Deductions
Should I Itemize?
Medical and Dental Expenses
Deductible Taxes
Home Mortgage Points
Interest Expense
Charitable Contributions
Miscellaneous Expenses
Business Use of Home
Business Use of Car
Business Travel Expenses
Business Entertainment Expenses
Work-Related Education Expenses
Employee Business Expenses
Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Losses

(Including Federally Declared Disaster Areas)
Tax Computation
Standard Deduction
Tax and Credits Figured by the IRS
Tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax)
Self-Employment Tax
Alternative Minimum Tax
Additional Tax on Early Distributions from Traditional and Roth IRAs
Additional Tax on Early Distributions from Retirement Plans Other Than IRAs
Net Investment Income Tax
Additional Medicare Tax
Individual Shared Responsibility Provision
Tax Credits
Earned Income Credit
Child and Dependent Care Credit
Adoption Credit and Adoption Assistance Programs
Excess Social Security and RRTA Tax Withheld
Retirement Savings Contributions Credit
Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit
The Premium Tax Credit
IRS Notices
Notices – What to Do
Notice of Underreported Income – CP-2000
IRS Notices and Bills, Penalties, and Interest Charges
Understanding Your CP75 Notice Request for Supporting Documentation
Basis of Assets, Depreciation, and Sale of Assets
Sale of Your Home
Basis of Assets
Installment Sales
Employer Tax Information
Social Security and Medicare Withholding Rates
Filing Forms W-2 and W-3
Form W-4 – Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer Identification Number (EIN) – How to Apply
Employment Taxes for Household Employees
Forms 941 and 944 – Deposit Requirements
Form 941 – Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return and Form 944

 – Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return
Form 940 – Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment

(FUTA) Tax Return – Filing and Deposit Requirements
Form 943 – Reporting and Deposit Requirements for Agricultural Employers
Tips – Withholding and Reporting
Independent Contractor vs. Employee
The Affordable Care Act
Electronic Media Filers – 1099 Series and Related Information Returns
Who Must File Information Returns Electronically
Applying to File Information Returns Electronically
Waivers and Extensions
Test Files and Combined Federal and State Filing
Electronic Filing of Information Returns
Tax Information for U.S. Resident Aliens and Citizens Living Abroad
Resident and Nonresident Aliens
Foreign Tax Credit
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
Alien Tax Clearance
Tax Information for Residents of Puerto Rico
Is a Person With Income from Puerto Rico Required to

File a U.S. Federal Income Tax Return?
Credits and Deductions for Taxpayers With

Puerto Rican Source Income Exempt From U.S. Tax
U.S. Employment Tax in Puerto Rico
Tax Assistance for Residents of Puerto Rico

IRS Forms




Call to schedule an appointment    505-850-3151